Alibaba Innovative Research (AIR) is a global research program initiated by Alibaba Group, aiming at exploring innovative science and technology.
With the idea that technology will drive the future, AIR focuses on advancing fundamental, prospective and groundbreaking research work in the area of computer science and technology. Meanwhile, AIR seeks to promote academic-industry collaboration, lead substantial breakthroughs in the application of technology, and establish technology ecosystems. The goal of AIR program is to empower worldwide talents in their pursuit of changing the world and creating new future with science and technology.
AIR provides the participants with the following resources:
- The most novel and challenging problems in the industry
- Application scenarios of latest technologies
- Monumental amount of data and computing resources
- Research fund
In 2017, AIR will release its 29 research topics within 14 technology areas. Submission of proposals is due on 25th August 2017(China Standard Time, UTC+8). Review of proposals will be carried out by a review committee formed by scientists of Alibaba Group and external experts of academia. The final results will be announced in September, 2017.
If you have any suggestion or question about the AIR program, please contact us at Ali-AIR@service.alibaba.com. We will get back to you ASAP.
To qualify for our fund program, applicants must be affiliated with an academic institution or non-profit research laboratory.
Funds are available for research projects. College faculty members, research staff, and postdocs are qualified to submit proposals. Undergraduates and graduates are able to submit proposals as a part of advanced ongoing research programs which faculty supervisions are required for the submission.
Submit your proposal
Step 1: Ensure that your proposal meets the following requirements:
- Language: Must be written in English or Chinese
- Proposal Title
- Background and Significance
- Research goals, including a problem statement.
- Description of the proposed method
- Research plan
- Expected outcomes and results
- Resource requirement estimates (e.g., data, compute requirements, human resource, equipment) for your project
- Biographical Sketches of Principal Investigator(s)
- References, if applicable
Step 2: Go to the online submission tool . Filling out a form requesting basic information and uploading proposal and CV
Step 3: Submit your proposal by the deadline.